Welcome to my blog.
I’m Steve Sullivan, and I’m passionate about all things nonprofit and digital. I started this blog and email newsletter to share what I’m learning about the latest trends and tactics with other marketing, fundraising, communications and membership professionals.
Each week I gather the best from across the web to help you do your job better.
Every nonprofit needs to engage people, grow fans, and nurture supporters. But just what is digital engagement and how should it work?
Together, we’ll learn about technology, understand current trends and be inspired. We’ll improve our digital IQ. And we’ll share what we learn with our colleagues.
- How to embrace cross-channel communication and marketing.
- Helping your nonprofit not follow the latest “best practice” just because the cool kids are and we think they’re smarter than us.
- How to convince your boss that digital is an important investment.
- The importance of a cohesive digital strategy. “If we build it they will come” is a terrible marketing plan.
- What should we spend our limited time doing?
Please join me each week by subscribing to The Weekly Nugget email newsletter, as we work to understand where we are and where we are going.
Steve Sullivan is the Associate Director of Membership and Digital Sales at Woodland Park Zoo. Any opinions expressed on this blog and newsletter are Steve’s alone and do not reflect those of the zoo.